Background & Overview
An apprenticeship can give your employee the training and qualifications they need to get ahead and meet your business needs. The qualifications are set out in a framework and are available at Levels 2 and 3. They have been devised by industry bodies together with the Sector Skills Council and are therefore tailored to ensure they meet the needs of your industry.
There is an incentive payment available of £500 per candidate for employers whose employees successfully complete the Apprenticeships programme.
Apprenticeships is open to both existing and new employees working within a Northern Ireland based company.
These are the areas that Customized Training Services can offer quality training to your business.
• IT USERS
• HEALTH & SOCIAL CARE
• BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
• PROVIDING FINANCIAL SERVICES
• HOSPITALITY & CATERING
• STORAGE & WAREHOUSING
There are many benefits for you and your employer when you take part in an apprenticeship:
• You earn while you learn
• You work alongside experienced staff
• You receive off-the-job training specific to your apprenticeship
• You gain qualifications
Your apprentice needs to:
• be the minimum school leaving age in Northern Ireland.
• be employed or be about to take up paid employment as an apprentice with a Northern Ireland based company.
• be working a minimum of 21 hours per week (which includes time for ‘off-the-job’ training).
Many Northern Ireland companies have successfully trained their apprentices through Customized Training Services and the Apprenticeships programme and their businesses have reaped the benefits and seen an improvement in staff performance and general productivity.